Sr. Lecturer and Dean of School of Education
Areas of research interest: Teacher education. Language education, English language teaching (ELT) and English language Teacher education (ELTE) curriculum development, research in research, cognition of language teachers and ICT in language teaching and language education.
- Njagi, N. S., Mwania , J.M., Manyasi, B and Kimani M (2017). Parenting Styles As Predictors Of Risky Sexual Behaviors Among Selected Public Secondary School Students In Embu County, Kenya. International Journal of Asian Social Science. ISSN(e): 2224-4441. ISSN(p): 2226-5139. DOI: 10.18488/journal.1.2017.711.910.920 Vol. 7, No. 11, 910-920.© 2017 AESS Publications. All Rights Reserved. URL: www.aessweb.com
- Njagi, N. S., Mwania , J.M., Manyasi, B and Kimani M (2017) ‘Parenting Styles as Predictors of Suicidal Behaviors among Selected Public Secondary School Students in Embu County Kenya.’ Journal of Education and Practice. ISSN 2222-1735 (Paper) ISSN 2222-288X (Online). Vol.8, No.33, 2017 (iiste.org)International Journal of Education and Practice, Vol 4(2):pp. 84-89. Pak Publishing Group. ISSN(online): 2310-3868/ISSN(print): 2311-6897. (www.pakinsight.com
- Manyasi N.B. and Mukuna, E. T. (2016). ‘Disaster Management: Planning and Communication Approaches Used in Organizations in Kenya.’
- Manyasi N.B. (2017). ‘Developing Cognition Of Environmental Sustainability Through Education: Issues and Challenges.’ International Journal for Innovation Education and Research. Vol:-5 No-07. Online-ISSN 2411-2933, Print-ISSN 2411-3123. ijier.net
- Mukuna, E.T. and Manyasi N.B. (2015). ‘Mainstreaming Disaster Risk Reduction into Millennium Development Goals: A Proposed Framework for Post 2015.’ International Research Journals, Vol. 6(3) pp. 55-73, April, 2015. (ISSN: 2141-5161) . Available online@ http://www.interesjournals.org/ER
- Manyasi, N.B. (2015). ‘Teachers’ Maxims in English Language Teaching; A Challenge in Education for Social Transformation in Kenya.’ International Journal of Education and Practice Vol.3(10): Pp: 268-275: Pak Publishing Group. ISSN(Online): 2310-3868 /ISSN(Print): 2311-6897. (www.pakinsight.com)
- Manyasi, .N.B. (2014). ‘Integrated Approach in Teaching English Language: The Practice in Kenya.’ International Journal of Education and Research Vol. 2 No. 4 April 2014 ISSN: 2201- 6333(Print) ISSN: 2201- 6740 (Online) (www.ijern.com)
- Manyasi, .N.B. (2014). ‘Ethical Dilemma in Educational Research.’ Journal of Education and Literature. Vol. 2 No. 2: 68-74. Research Academy of Social Sciences.
- Manyasi, .N.B. (2014). ‘Cognition of the role of cooperating teachers during the practicum in kenya: teachers of English perspective.’ International Journal Of Educational Research (ISSN: 2141-5161) Available at www.interesjournals.org/ER
- Manyasi, N.B. (2013). ‘Effective communication in Writing: A Challenge Among Student Teachers in Universities In Kenya’ Journal of Education and Practice ( ISSN: 2222-1735(print) ISSN 2222- 288X (Online) Vol.4, No.26,2013 (www.iiste.org/ )
- Manyasi, B. and Onchera, P.O. (2013). ‘Instruction of Reading for Nationhood: English Language Teachers’ Cognition in Kenya. Journal of Emerging Trends in Educational Research and Policy Studies(JETERAPS) 4 (5): 698-705. (ISSN: 2141-6990). Jeteraps.scholarlinkresearch.org (www.jeteraps.scholarlinkresearch.com)
- Onchera, P.O. and Manyasi, B. (2013). Functional Writing Skills for Effective Communication: The English Language Classroom in Kenya. Journal of Emerging Trends in Educational Research and Policy Studies. (ISSN: 2141-6990). Jeteraps.scholarlinkresearch.org (www.jeteraps.scholarlinkresearch.com)
- Manyasi N. B., Barasa, L. P. and Amuka P. (2013). ‘An Ethnographic Investigation of Cultural Values Pedagogy to Promote Unity in Diversity: The Kenyan Experience.’ Kenya Studies Review. Volume 6, Number 3, pp 12- 24. ISSN: 2150-5764 (Online)
- “Teachers’ Use of Motherese to Foster Acquisition of English Language in Kenya.” Published in ‘The Educator’ – A Journal of the school of Education, Moi University.
- “Utilization of open Learning and Distance Education as a Means of Increasing Access to Higher Learning in Kenya. Published in: A Journal of the KIM School of Management (ISSN 2074 – 4730
- “Crisis Management: A Challenge in Institutions of Higher Learning in Kenya.”- In: A Journal of the KIM School of Management (ISSN 2074 – 4730
Manyasi, B. (2011). English Language Acquisition in Kenya: Teachers’ Use of Caretaker speech in Primary Schools. VDM Publishers. ISSN: 978-639-36664-8